Tuesday, August 9, 2011

# 10 Audio Book


ANNOTATION:
"The dream took place in the courtroom. I was trying to ask questions and nobody could hear me. I was shouting and shouting but everyone went about their business as if I wasn't there. I hope I didn't shout out in my sleep. That would look weak to everybody. It's not good to be weak in here." Chapter 3, pp. 63-64

Recommendation:
The novel Monster by Walter Dean Myers’ was very interesting and effective. The story is about 16 year old Steve Harmon who was caught up in bad circumstances because he had the wrong friends who almost cost him his youth.  The story is told in first person narration by Steve Harmon who awaits thorny trial which possibly could have convicted him of felony thus put in prison for 20 or more years because he had involvement with murder of a man who own convenient store in the neighborhood that Steve lived in. Steve gives vivid images of his life through his writing of monologue conversations and screen play style which gives more detail about life in jail and the people in his everyday life.  
Nomination: YES

No comments:

Post a Comment